Thursday, November 29, 2012

Org Upgrade/Merge Scenario Part 1

I am doing something a little different from previous CRM upgrade projects I have been a part of.  The client has a CRM 4.0 organization and a CRM 2011 organization and they are used by two different sets of users. Now they want to upgrade the org to 2011, but they don't just want it upgraded, they want the 4.0 organization merged into the 2011 organization.  

This is an interesting scenario and I think I will cover how it goes and the steps required to get there.

Hopefully the story over the next couple months will help someone.


3 comments:

  1. Even we are also doing same kind of upgradation and consolidation of two organizations. So let me know if you come across any good process that you think may will help us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow the story. One thing I will post about soon is the concept of an intermediate staging org. I think this might help you a lot..

      Delete
  2. Follow the story. One thing I will post about soon is the concept of an intermediate staging org. I think this might help you a lot..

    ReplyDelete